Categories

Friday, 4 December 2015

DIY: Girly Makeup Brush Holder

Hello everybody! Today's post will be a DIY! I made two of these and they look so lovely, and you can customise it however you want. They are simple, and only take around 10 minutes to make. Let's start!




1) Take 1 of the larger size pringle cans and cut it in half. I used a knife for this, and I wouldn't recommend doing it with a scissors because I have tried that and it slipped. Right into my finger. Not very pleasant haha!


2) Print out a design on a piece of paper. It can be anything you cant, from flowers, to polka dots to stripes. This will be what the tin will be covered in. Make it a full A4 page if you can.


3) Wrap the paper around the tin, sellotaping it at the back where it will overlap slightly.


4) This is what it will look like from the top, there should be some extra paper.


5) You have 2 options here. Cut it off, or fold it into the tin. I folded it in, and it looked great.


6) I got a piece of pink ribbon anc wrapped it around the tin, sellotaping it at the back.


7) I then got some more of the same ribbon and tied it into a bow, and I stuck it on top of the ribbon that was wrapped around the tin


8) This is the end result! I think it is so pretty and you can put makeup brushes or something you want to display into it. I also made another one, which is right beside it. I did the exact same thing for this one, except I didn't put any ribbon and I just stuck down a Miss Dior label instead.


That's it! I hope you enjoyed this and tell me if you tried it out and how it went! See you in my next post, byee!! xx


31 comments:

  1. OMG! This is so great! <3
    I never do this but I think I will try :D
    Thanks for following me :3 I follow you too Dear :*
    Nice day :)
    stylowana100latka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Im glad you liked it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Have a good weekend!
    You have a lovely blog! Let me know if you'd like us to follow eachother on GFC and keep in touch?
    Lyinyou blog & Lyinyou instagram

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, I would love if we could follow each other!

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing DIY! follow on gfc? kisses
    http://therunwhy.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I would love if we could follow each other, im following you on GFC now xx

      Delete
  6. Hey, lovely blog!
    Wanna follow each other??

    Blog: http://missunderstoodstyle.blogspot.com/
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Miss-Understood-Style/1404591476502298?ref=hl

    Waiting for you darling!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I would love it if we could follow each other, im following you via GFC xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks dear, following you too!!

      Delete
  7. very pretty and simple! thanks for sharing!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog
    P.S. would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much :) I would love if we could follow each other, im following you via GFC, waiting for you xx

      Delete
  8. Hi Shan !!
    Thanks for follow me, I'm following you !!
    I love your dit *-*
    I'll do it !!
    Kisses

    blogpatyrezende.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, this is such a cute idea!
    leavingericafootprints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So wonderful kisses

    http://denimakeup95.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty!
    Of course i go follow you! Kisses

    Isabel,
    http://loverofthings27.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG this is soo beautiful..☺♥
    I am following you, so check my blog and follow me back..☺
    http://worldarounyo.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much :) im following you back now xx

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. thank you xx and of course I will.

      Delete
  14. Lovely DIY, thanks for sharing. The knot detail made it perfect!
    Would you be interested in following each other? Let me know.

    WalkingFreckle
    Thisblogbelongstosabi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love if we could follow each other, i'm following you via GFC now, waiting for you.
      Thanks xx

      Delete
  15. Hi Shann
    Thanks for dropping by :)
    I am following you back now

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a cute idea!! Thanks for sharing! Just followed! Would love for you to stop by my blog! :)
    ~Moll

    www.mollymac13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, and I will for sure stop by your blog xx

      Delete